⏺ Sam Bankman Still A Fried Man
Market Meditations | November 30, 2022
Sam Bankman-Fried’s interview with a relatively unknown crypto vlogger named Tiffany Fong was released yesterday on YouTube. The recording did not feature an apologetic SBF that owned up to malfeasance and wrongdoing. Instead, the conversation was riddled with ambiguous statements steeped in denial.
To Fong’s credit, the questions did not shy away from tackling tough topics.
- SBF’s responses were filled with comments like claiming the FTT token was “basically more legit than a lot of tokens in some ways.” and “Illiquidity didn’t cause the crash” but that it was “the massive correlation of things during market moves, especially when they are triggered by fear over the position itself.“
- In a second interview, SBF didn’t seem any more willing to give straightforward answers, failing to provide details about FTX’s use of customer funds by Alameda Research.
- SBF apparently chose Tiffany Fong because he thought she would be more likely to “approach this from at least a somewhat neutral and interested vantage point.“
- Meanwhile, Fried has been called to Texas for a hearing on February 2nd to respond to claims of offering unregistered securities.
- Previous Texas gubernatorial candidate Beto O’Rourke returned an unsolicited $1 million donation received from the ruined FTX founder.
Unfortunately, the recent interview may have left more questions than answers.