🤖 Chatter Bots
Market Meditations | December 6, 2022
Sometimes you can soothe a crying baby by just giving them a new toy. Over the last week, Crypto Twitter has had some much needed respite from the market by being thoroughly distracted. The new toy? OpenAI’s release of a new chat bot that seems to be able to do almost anything. Is there a catch?
- ChatGPT is a large-scale language model that was released on November 30th. It is designed to generate human-like text in response to user input, allowing it to engage in conversational dialogue with users.
- Twitter users immediately started stress-testing it with a wide range of requests, from the conversational to the more malign.
- One user showed how it could audit smart contracts and expose loopholes in them. The bot detected a vulnerability and suggested how to fix it.
- The bot can even generate custom code by itself. Requests from pulling Binance orderbooks to designing crypto trading bots have already surfaced.
- It’s not been working for everyone though. Some of the solutions contained mistakes and some users found that the bot would not do as they commanded.
- OpenAI acknowledges it’s not perfect and that it’s running in beta mode, while others have started listing workarounds.
So can you tell me if this article was written by a human or a bot? I’m sorry reader, I’m afraid I can’t do that.