Bitcoin 2022 Takes Over Miami Beach
Market Meditations | April 8, 2022
Bitcoin 2022 kicked off Wednesday in Miami Beach, Florida. The conference serves as a Mecca for industry leaders and influencers in the cryptocurrency space. Though Bitcoin is the draw, many topics are addressed throughout the four-day event.
- Odell Beckam, Jr., Serena Williams and Aaron Rogers – three of the world’s most recognizable athletes – took to the stage to discuss why they invest in Bitcoin and how hot the topic of crypto is viewed in their respective circles.
- CashApp, one of the world’s most popular payments apps, will now allow users to receive Lightning Network transactions.
- Joel Bomgar, president of Próspera in Honduras, Miguel Filipe Machado de Albuquerque, President of Portugal’s Madeira region, and Mexico Senator Indira Kempis all announced positive sentiments or promising upcoming initiatives for crypto in their respective countries.
- CEO of MicroStrategy Michael Saylor and CEO of Ark Invest Cathie Wood discussed topics ranging from regulation to relevant technology and development.
- In a panel titled “Billionaire Capital Allocators”, a group of four whales gave insight into the perspective of market-movers’ mentalities. Inflation and regulation were key talking points during the discussion.
Today’s agenda features over 50 events covering almost every Bitcoin topic imaginable. Even with El Salvador President Nayib Bukele forced to cancel plans to appear at the conference in order to address domestic issues, Bitcoin 2022 is keeping a tight schedule.
Want to watch the action live? Check out the stream here.