War on the Planet of the Bored Apes
Market Meditations | September 30, 2022
- On Monday, Anonymous released a video nearing 9-minutes long which made some serious accusations against the Yuga Labs-powered BAYC collection.
- Anonymous claim that after meticulous research, it can confirm “without a shadow of a doubt“ that BAYC and Yuga Labs are guilty of supporting numerous reprehensible subjects such as Nazism, racism, simianization, and paedophilia.
- Both Yuga Labs and BAYC have openly protested the accusations yet Annonymous cautioned against relegating its accusations to baseless “conspiracy theory,” adding that people who do so are “simply ignorant,” “not versed, or worse, at a financial conflict of interest.”
- Anonymous claim that holders and investors of the BAYC brand are victims of trolling and encouraged these owners to speak up despite the desire to protect their own financial interests.
- The group then went on to personally call out big-name investors, partners and high-profile celebrities who have invested in the brand and urged them to speak up and take an official stance.
On June 24th, Yuga Labs co-founder Greg Solano denied similar claims stating “We’ve become the target of a crazy disinformation campaign accusing us — a group of Jewish, Turkish, Pakistani, and Cuban friends — of being super-secret Nazis.”